Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rotate Toys

My boys receive so many toys it's ridiculous trying to figure out where to place their beds! ;] Seriously though, I can never figure out where to put their new toys and they of course forget about the 'old' ones. The new toys only get so much attention as well and then they're too get pushed to the back and the boys want some other stimuli. That's when I bring out the hampers. :]] I now rotate their toys about every two months. You can rotate them 4-6 weeks if you'd like.

When I began the toy rotation I made two piles of toys. As I went throughout the toys I also made a donation pile. I'm always donating some toys just before Christmas comes up anyway. I always keep the toys together with all their parts so it's great when I'm switching them up, they're already together. I put one pile in a big box and placed it in their closet. You can mark the dates in which they're to be brought out but I don't because I use the two month mark. I'm going to start this system with their books as well once their shelves start to overflow. I LOVE buying books so this should happen more quickly than I'd like.

Anyway, I hope this helps your children feel the interest come back with some of their older toys. Mine always love when I pull the box out. They know what it means. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment