Monday, September 10, 2012

Reward Jar (D's)

Back when I was potty training D I was researching tips on what to do. I came across the reward jar. I decided to make our own instead of buying a package from Use Your Marbles. It looks like the site is no longer in use. However, here is a picture of what their system looked like.


Start out with 5 marbles in the 'Use your marbles' cup. Throughout the day if you notice negative behavior a marble is moved to the 'Lose your marbles' cup. At the end of the day whatever is left in the 'Use your marbles' cup goes into the reward jar. When a line is reached a reward is achieved. Here's our version...




D decorated it with the star stickers. I just purchased the decor rocks from a craft store instead of actual marbles. You could even use pom poms. D LOVES putting his marbles in his reward jar. I have not used it for rewards purposes since his potty training because it did not really work with him only being 2. I should have kept up on it however, I'm going to start using it again. I also want to research possible rewards. The first line he would receive a smaller reward and the higher line he'd receive a bigger reward. The only thing that worked for us when potty training him was this 3 day program. What I did was camped out in our kitchen for the 3 days because it has tile. If he had an accident it was easier to clean up. He was naked from the waste down the entire time and I pumped him with liquids all day long. Every 20-30 min I'd set him on the potty to go and I made a big deal about when he'd go in his potty. After the 3 days of camping out we just had him go naked from the waist down for a month or so so he could just hurry and use the big potty if he needed to. Eventually we transitioned him into underwear and pants again. I also had him go to the store with me and he enjoyed picking out his big boy underwear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment