Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year was our first year having Thanksgiving as our own little family, minus one. :( I had no plans on making anything that day since I basically eat dinner by myself most of the time. D is at that stage where he just wants a sandwich, toast, cereal, banana, or cheese, and crackers for example. Of course I still encourage him to eat more to no avail. T is just barely eating baby food but boy when all my boys are grown and together I'm going to be eaten out of house and home. I'm not prepared.

Prior to Thanksgiving our FRO threw a potluck so all the wives met up to have a Thanksgiving dinner together. All the kids did a fingerpainting on one huge banner and we sent it off to Afghanistan. It was a great idea!










Anyway the Hubs mentioned that if we didn't have plans on actual Thanksgiving day that he got an invite from one of his buddies to go to his house with his wife and son to celebrate there. I thought about it and decided that I'd like to branch out and meet her. Some weird facts that we both figured out during our visit:

1) Her name is Nicole and that's my middle name
2) We have the same birthday, December 5.
3) Her grandmother's last name is Underwood!

That was a little W-E-I-R-D to me. However, also really cool. I've never met anyone with the same birthday as me or same last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment