Saturday, December 17, 2011

3/7 Christmas Party

On Dec 3 we had our 3/7 Christmas party. We arrived and they had a blown up castle that the kids could jump in. I tried to steer clear of that because I knew I'd never get D out of there and there were some other activities going on. We stopped off at the craft table where all the kiddos were making ornaments, cards or snowmen. We decided to make some snowmen.


Again I forgot to take photos of the process because I hate making people wait longer than they need to so I was just trying to hurry and get out of the way. Not to mention we were running late for the awesome magic show. This photo was taken just before we left. T's is the camo one and D wanted red so that one is his along with a gift for the bigger kids.


T sitting at the magic show. I eventually took him out and all of us enjoyed a good twenty minutes of it. A memorable trick was when the Magician took out a new coloring book, and then when he flipped the pages they were all colored neatly, then when he flipped the pages again they were clean black and white pages. He also took some large rings and made them into a chain all at once and of course was able to unlink them effortlessly as if they just did so in thin air. They didn't have any slits where they could pass through so I'm still amazed. He also provided one child a huge blown up wand and another child a balloon to help assist him. They helped him switch peanut butter and jelly from there own designated spots to the other. For example, jelly was under a container and peanut butter was under the other. He then had them wave there objects, the balloon or wand, and showed us that jelly was where peanut butter was and vice versa. Not to mention the empty brown bag that another assistant was holding when he asked the child to pull out what was inside it was a PB&J sandwich! At the finale he made a bird appear. The magic word for the night was SANTA CLAUSE instead of abracadabra. I wish I could of snapped some more photos but it's tough with the little men.


D is petting him. :]

Afterwards we waited in line for Santa! I think he must of heard all the kiddos yelling his name. ;]
Here's D showing me the candy he received from the Magician and an award for fun. The other kids obtained one if they actually helped assist him but he just offered D one. 






We then had dinner. It was BBQ chicken that just fell off the bone. It was so good with baked beans and potato salad. D didn't even want to eat his desert because he wanted to see Santa first. He ended up enjoying it afterwards. 




The last one cracked me up because at first I was thinking, "AW you can't even see Talon." Not a good first impression via Santa. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment