Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Time

Dec 5, my birthday... Turning the big 2-6 felt like just another day. I always anticipate the day I turn a year older however, I've been aging the whole time I've been waiting. You don't just turn a year older over night. Why do I freak out on my birthday then??! I wish I could just stop worrying about time flying by, aging, and one day that my boys will be grown. :( But it's tough. Better said then done. It's a special day though so I try to enjoy the day I came into this world. After all, I wouldn't have these handsome men if I didn't. ;] The Hubs surprised me by sending a letter that I indeed received on my birthday! Glad that turned out well! I also received some birthday cards. Can you tell I'm a sucker for the old fashioned mail? :]] I always try my best to let others know I'm thinking of them via good ol' snail mail. I'm old school. Wait, what? I keep saying old... Ha Also collected many birthday wishes that truly mean a lot to me. Who'd of known that something that small touches somebody? I had also been eyeing a MK watch so my sweet, charming, handsome hubby sent me one all the way from Afghanistan. Ok, it didn't originate from there but his idea did. ;] I LOVE it! Thanks Baby Love!





Christmas is my ABSOLUTE utter favorite! Just to explain, I purchased all our Christmas decor back in 2004. I was a senior in high school.

Our first Christmas together as a family without the Hubs. It's difficult being away from your spouse during the holidays. I decided to put our tree up although we are leaving for Utah this year during Christmas. D was ecstatic about it of course. Last year he helped place every single ornament on the tree. Caught it all on video, it was cute! This year he even tried to help pull the tree box in the house. He's such a great big helper. He played with T whilst I pieced it together, Christmas music in the background... Following all the not so fun part, it was time for decor! By then D&T were pooped. D wanted to relax and watch a movie so I decorated by myself. :( Took four hours to put together, start to finish. Subsequently I was tired also.






I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment