Thursday, August 30, 2012

Daily Activity: Number Matchup

Items Needed:
Index cards
Pen or marker
Old magazines (optional)
Scissors (optional)
Glue (optional)

Make two sets of index cards. On one set write numbers from 1 to 10, or higher. On the other set, draw (or cut out from magazines) pictures of objects that correspond with the numbers.

We already had a set of counting match- up cards. I just lay them all out face up and put the pictures of objects on one side and the numbers on the other side. I'll then ask D to pick a picture and then count how many objects are on the card. Then I'll ask him to where the number is.






Whenever we play with this puzzle he likes to play with two others that we have. 

Moms and Babies match-up, and opposite pairs. 
When we play the Moms and Babies we take turns picking and making matches. I'm trying to teach D how to share, take turns, etc. I also will mention the animal him or I am looking for. For example if I pick up a cow I'll say, now I need the calf. Then I'll ask D what the baby cow is called so he can learn the proper names for baby animals. 



Some of the matches are:
penguin, chick
goat, kid
zebra, colt
pig, piglet
rabbit, kit

With the opposites puzzle we also take turns making matches. He likes to help me find the proper match even if it's my turn and I'm supposed to find it. I love that he's so eager to learn and be helpful.





Some of the matches are:
front, back
together, apart
in front, behind
hot, cold
day, night
old, young


Source: The Preschooler''s Busy Book







No comments:

Post a Comment