Monday, May 21, 2012

Vegas and the Marine Corps Ball

On May 4th we headed to Viva Las Vegas. I couldn't wait to see the fam and have some quality time with people we haven't seen in ages. We enjoyed their company, the laughs, shopping and the awesome movie Avengers 3D!

On May 5th, we celebrated 3/7 Battalion returning to our soil after a VERY long deployment. The Marine Corps Ball is typically in November. The guys were in charge of planning and throwing it together.  I think it turned out well and it was actually entertaining. I thought it was going to be a lot of babbling with speakers except it wasn't. I had a pleasure of meeting the Sgt Maj. of the entire Marine Corps. He's a pretty big deal, and he turned out to be very friendly, personable, and amusing. Wish I could've talked with him more and had more of a witty personality. My Love was dressed in his blues and the women were dressed in long gowns. I was pretty excited about that part of the night. Especially seeing My Love in THAT uniform. He has 3 different ones! Who da thunk it? After the speeches we enjoyed a nice dinner.

We then decided to enjoy Vegas' fine amenities and took to the tables. My Love showed me Craps and he did fairly well. I did not get many pictures of the night. The ones we did get are of low quality so I'm truth be told, bummed. My new goal is to capture memories more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment